The Xbox One was given a bit of a performance boost before going into full production, according to Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of marketing and strategy for Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business. The next-gen console's CPU is now running at 1.75 GHz, an improvement from its previous 1.6 GHz clock speed.
Mehdi dropped the news at today's Citi Global Technology Conference while delivering a quick update on the system's progress and manufacturing.
"We're on track for launch in November," Mehdi said. "We'll announce a launch date shortly. We recently just went into full production, so we're now producing en masseconsoles. We've had real good progress on the system. In fact, we just updated the CPU performance to 1.75 GHz on top of the graphics performance improvement, so the system is really going to shine [and] the games look pretty incredible."
The performance boost follows a similar clock speed increase announced in August. Xbox chief product officer Marc Whitten said on a podcast that the Xbox One's GPU now runs at 853 MHz, up from 800 MHz.
Mehdi called the upcoming Xbox One release Microsoft's "biggest launch by a wide margin."
"We've built more [systems] than we've ever built for an Xbox launch," he said.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???