Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's upcoming open-world title, Batman: Arkham Origins, features a permadeath difficulty setting called "I Am the Night mode," producer Guillaume Voghel told Eurogamer during the Eurogamer Expo.
According to Voghel, I Am the Night mode unlocks when players complete the main game and New Game Plus.
"The main narrative arc and side missions last about 12 hours and then you have all the collectibles," he told Eurogamer. "To get 100 percent of that will take much, much longer. We have a new difficulty level, New Game Plus is coming pack — that's really difficult — and when you're done with that there's I Am The Night mode — which is no saves and one life."
The mode was first mentioned on a list of achievements that apparently leaked on Exophase in late September. Along with a mixture of single and multiplayer achievements, the list included the award for completing "I Am The Night Mode," worth 70 Gamerscore.
Batman: Arkham Origins is slated for an Oct. 25 release across PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and Windows PC. The game's season pass will cost $19.99 and include five different packs of downloadable content. For more on the game, be sure to read Polygon's recent interview with Michael McIntyre, Arkham Origins' gameplay director.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- XBOne Classifieds
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite