Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's upcoming open-world title, Batman: Arkham Origins, features a permadeath difficulty setting called "I Am the Night mode," producer Guillaume Voghel told Eurogamer during the Eurogamer Expo.
According to Voghel, I Am the Night mode unlocks when players complete the main game and New Game Plus.
"The main narrative arc and side missions last about 12 hours and then you have all the collectibles," he told Eurogamer. "To get 100 percent of that will take much, much longer. We have a new difficulty level, New Game Plus is coming pack — that's really difficult — and when you're done with that there's I Am The Night mode — which is no saves and one life."
The mode was first mentioned on a list of achievements that apparently leaked on Exophase in late September. Along with a mixture of single and multiplayer achievements, the list included the award for completing "I Am The Night Mode," worth 70 Gamerscore.
Batman: Arkham Origins is slated for an Oct. 25 release across PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and Windows PC. The game's season pass will cost $19.99 and include five different packs of downloadable content. For more on the game, be sure to read Polygon's recent interview with Michael McIntyre, Arkham Origins' gameplay director.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Endless Legend seeks the perfect imbalance to keep players exploring and exterminating
- How to make a video game about drag queens
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny