PlayStation 4 will support up to four controllers at the same time, SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed on Twitter.
Comparatively, current-gen PlayStation 3s support up to seven controller at once — developers, however, have rarely made use of all of them in the same game. Microsoft also recently confirmed its upcoming Xbox One will support up to eight controllers at once.
Sony revealed its new DualShock controller, the DualShock 4, in February. The controller will feature a touchpad, a Share button and a light bar, among other new additions that you can see here.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31