PlayStation 4 will support up to four controllers at the same time, SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed on Twitter.
Comparatively, current-gen PlayStation 3s support up to seven controller at once — developers, however, have rarely made use of all of them in the same game. Microsoft also recently confirmed its upcoming Xbox One will support up to eight controllers at once.
Sony revealed its new DualShock controller, the DualShock 4, in February. The controller will feature a touchpad, a Share button and a light bar, among other new additions that you can see here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Game development
- Getting a PS4
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?