PlayStation 4 will support up to four controllers at the same time, SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed on Twitter.
Comparatively, current-gen PlayStation 3s support up to seven controller at once — developers, however, have rarely made use of all of them in the same game. Microsoft also recently confirmed its upcoming Xbox One will support up to eight controllers at once.
Sony revealed its new DualShock controller, the DualShock 4, in February. The controller will feature a touchpad, a Share button and a light bar, among other new additions that you can see here.
More from Polygon
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- DESTINY disappointment?
- A New Steam Controller
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22