Best Buy will give gamers who purchase Xbox 360 versions of five titles launching this fall the chance to upgrade to the Xbox One version for as low as $9.99, according to the retailer's website.
Buyers must purchase the game online or in-store within a set window after its release date. Eligible titles include Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (purchase by Nov. 24), Battlefield 4 (purchase by Nov. 24), Call of Duty: Ghosts (purchase by Dec. 5), FIFA 14 (purchase by Oct. 26) and Watch Dogs (purchase by Dec. 21). Within one day of purchasing the game, buyers will receive a $10 voucher via email to put towards the Xbox One version of the game.
Players can then bring their Xbox 360 version and $10 voucher to a participating Best Buy and trade the game in for a minimum of $40 in-store credit. This will activate the $10 voucher and allow players to purchase the Xbox One edition for $9.99, or slightly more if the game's price is higher.
The store page notes that trade-ins must occur before Dec. 31 of this year. Use the Best Buy store locator to find all participating storefronts.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Soulcalibur: Lost Swords launch delayed for some due to technical issues