An arcade version of Team Ninja's Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate it set to hit arcades in Japan this winter, and will feature a brand new unannounced character, reports Siliconera.
The arcade version will be based on the definitive version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate; the game launched this week in North America and Japan for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The arcade edition is currently slated for release in Japan only and will be distributed by Sega. This updated version will feature a new character not present in the console versions of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade will be the first series title to be released in arcades in 13 years, the last being 2000's Dead or Alive 2 Millennium.
Polygon has reached out to Tecmo Koei to get more details on the arcade version and its new character, as well as the possibility of the character being released for Ultimate on console as DLC. We will share more details as we have them.
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?