An arcade version of Team Ninja's Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate it set to hit arcades in Japan this winter, and will feature a brand new unannounced character, reports Siliconera.
The arcade version will be based on the definitive version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate; the game launched this week in North America and Japan for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The arcade edition is currently slated for release in Japan only and will be distributed by Sega. This updated version will feature a new character not present in the console versions of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade will be the first series title to be released in arcades in 13 years, the last being 2000's Dead or Alive 2 Millennium.
Polygon has reached out to Tecmo Koei to get more details on the arcade version and its new character, as well as the possibility of the character being released for Ultimate on console as DLC. We will share more details as we have them.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)