Sony revealed its third-generation 3D head-mounted display, the HMZ-T3, which retails for £1,299 (approximately $2030) and supports gaming with PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
The head-mounted display can also be used with smartphones for video playback. Supporting 60GHz wireless transmissions, the HMZ-T3 consists of dual 720p OLED displays and touts 7.1 channel surround sound.
The device's lithium battery has a three-hour lifespan with a wireless HD connection and lasts seven hours with an HDMI connection, according to Sony. The head-mounted unit weighs roughly 320g, not including the cable, battery and processor units. Be sure to check out The Verge's hands-on with the head-mounted display.
Sony unveiled its first generation headset, the HMZ-T1, in Jan. 2011. The HMZ-T2 was demoed at last year's Tokyo Game Show, where The Verge went hands-on with it in conjunction with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on PlayStation 3.
Sony is expected to unveil another new headset to complement the PlayStation 4 at the Tokyo Game Show later this month. According to reports, Sony had initially planned to reveal the headset at Gamescom last month, but pulled the announcement at the last minute.
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Controller Design Competition
- The ideal Outfit Which are more Essential Day
- A Simple Style of Wedding Dress for Your Wedding
- Choose a Elegant Wedding Dress for Your Big Day
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II