A redesigned version of PlayStation Vita is heading to Japan on Oct. 10 in six colors and with a more lightweight hardware design, it was announced during today's Sony conference from Japan.
The PCH-2000 series is 20 percent thinner and 15 percent lighter than current PS Vita models. It features a 5-inch LCD display, alongside a 1 GB memory card and an expanded battery life that takes its full battery life to six hours. The redesign comes in white, blue, yellow, pink, grey and black colored models and is said to offer more casual usability.
Sony also announced a new 64 GB memory card, slated to release at a later date.
The new model will be available on Oct. 10 in Japan, with a price point of 18,980 yen. No North American release date or price point was announced during the conference.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC