A redesigned version of PlayStation Vita is heading to Japan on Oct. 10 in six colors and with a more lightweight hardware design, it was announced during today's Sony conference from Japan.
The PCH-2000 series is 20 percent thinner and 15 percent lighter than current PS Vita models. It features a 5-inch LCD display, alongside a 1 GB memory card and an expanded battery life that takes its full battery life to six hours. The redesign comes in white, blue, yellow, pink, grey and black colored models and is said to offer more casual usability.
Sony also announced a new 64 GB memory card, slated to release at a later date.
The new model will be available on Oct. 10 in Japan, with a price point of 18,980 yen. No North American release date or price point was announced during the conference.
In This StoryStream
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?