A redesigned version of PlayStation Vita is heading to Japan on Oct. 10 in six colors and with a more lightweight hardware design, it was announced during today's Sony conference from Japan.
The PCH-2000 series is 20 percent thinner and 15 percent lighter than current PS Vita models. It features a 5-inch LCD display, alongside a 1 GB memory card and an expanded battery life that takes its full battery life to six hours. The redesign comes in white, blue, yellow, pink, grey and black colored models and is said to offer more casual usability.
Sony also announced a new 64 GB memory card, slated to release at a later date.
The new model will be available on Oct. 10 in Japan, with a price point of 18,980 yen. No North American release date or price point was announced during the conference.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta