StarCraft Universe, the online role-playing game mod for StarCraft 2 given Blizzard's blessing, reached its Kickstarter funding goal today.
As of this writing, the crowdfunding campaign has earned $80,097 of its $80,000 goal from 1,535 backers with 33 hours remaining.
The free-to-play mod has been in development for two years and will be released through Battle.net, the launcher for Blizzard games like Diablo 3, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and World of Warcraft. Developer Upheaval Arts is planning for an open beta in late 2013 or early 2014.
For more on StarCraft Universe and the alternate timeline it operates within, you can check out the Kickstarter campaign in its final hours and read about the version that launched through Battle.net earlier this year.
Update: We've amended the article to refer to StarCraft Universe as an online RPG, not an MMORPG as originally written.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell