The XOXO Arcade at XOXO Festival 2013 in Portland, Ore., will host an all-star lineup of indie games, experiences and developers, allowing attendees to play the games and interact with their creators, the event's organizers announced today.
A total of nine projects, seven of which are unreleased or not readily available to the public, will be showcased in the XOXO Arcade. The people who put the list of indie games together wanted to focus on "playful multiplayer games," so it makes sense that half of the four Sportsfriends titles are being exhibited at the XOXO Arcade. Here's the full list:
- CastAR (Jeri Ellsworth, Rick Johnson)
- Gone Home (The Fullbright Company)
- Johann Sebastian Joust (Die Gute Fabrik)
- Retro Game Crunch (Shaun Inman, Rusty Moyer, Matthew Grimm)
- Spaceteam (Sleeping Beast Games)
- SpyParty (Chris Hecker)
- Super Pole Riders (Bennett Foddy)
- The Terrible Machine (Josh Randall)
- Videoball (Action Button Entertainment)
The XOXO Festival runs from Sept. 19-22, but the Arcade will be available only on Friday, Sept. 20, starting at 7 p.m.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Puppeteer, PayDay 2 and more join PS Plus Europe free game collection April 30
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?