Ronimo Games' side-scrolling, accessible MOBA Awesomenauts is currently free-to-play through Steam, an offer than will come to an end on Sept. 15, the developer announced today.
For Awesomenauts newcomers who would prefer to own the game, they'll be able to purchase it at a 66 percent discount for just $3.39 or $6.79 for a three-pack. Downloadable content for the game is also currently 50 percent off. A pair of Costume Party DLC packs can be had for $7.49 each.
In August, Ronimo turned to Kickstarter to help fund the development of Awesomenauts: Starstorm, an expansion that will add new characters and new features. The developer reached its $125,000 fundraising goal in its first week. Currently, the game is inching toward its second stretch goal, which promises to add a new announcer. Awesomenauts: Starstorm's fundraising drive comes to a close on Sept. 18.
Awesomenauts is available for Windows PC, Mac and Linux through Steam.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Minecon is officially off this year; looks to return in 2015
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off