The Australian and New Zealand 2014 Call of Duty Championship Online and LAN qualifiers will run during February, with the ANZ Final slated to take place on March 1 in Sydney, Australia.
Three teams from the Australia Online Qualifier and one from the New Zealand Online Qualifier will be given a chance to compete at the Call of Duty ANZ Finals in Sydney. Four additional teams have the opportunity to compete in the finals by taking part in the Preliminary LAN Qualifier held in Melbourne.
The eight teams will go toe-to-toe at the ANZ Final held in early March in Sydney. The teams will compete for a local prize pool of $15,000, with the top two teams going on to the 2014 Call of Duty Championship held in the U.S. The second annual Call of Duty Championship tournament will run from March 28 to March 30, where 32 teams will compete for $1 million in prizes.
Further information on the tournament's rules, regulations, maps and modes are located on the Major League Gaming website.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- GameStop has a plan to give The Last of Us owners half off of the Remastered edition