Nintendo's upcoming fighting game Super Smash Bros. will feature a playable King Dedede on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the release, the company confirmed on the game's official website.
Nintendo has trickled out details of the game's roster over the last year, which will include Princess Zelda, Fire Emblem's Marth, Mario and Luigi, Link, Super Mario Galaxy's Princess Rosalina and Luma, the Wii Fit trainer, an Animal Crossing villager and Mega Man, among others. Company director Masahiro Sakurai also took to the Miiverse earlier this week to announce the game will feature different trophies and achievements across the two versions.
King Dedede first made an appearance in the Kirby series as the game's long-time villain. He has also made appearances in earlier Smash Bros. releases including Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Super Smash Bros. will launch later this year.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)