More than 16 million 3DS games were sold through retailers and Nintendo's eShop in 2013, an increase of more than 45 percent compared to 2012's sales numbers, according to a Nintendo press release.
The company also announced today that lifetime sales of the 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS topped 11.5 million in the United States.
"Nintendo 3DS is a powerhouse with games and experiences that appeal to all kinds of players," Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing, said in a prepared statement. "We're not slowing down in 2014. With more games featuring fan-favorite franchises on the way, the best days of Nintendo 3DS are still to come."
The 2DS was released in North America in October for $129.99.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"