More than 16 million 3DS games were sold through retailers and Nintendo's eShop in 2013, an increase of more than 45 percent compared to 2012's sales numbers, according to a Nintendo press release.
The company also announced today that lifetime sales of the 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS topped 11.5 million in the United States.
"Nintendo 3DS is a powerhouse with games and experiences that appeal to all kinds of players," Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing, said in a prepared statement. "We're not slowing down in 2014. With more games featuring fan-favorite franchises on the way, the best days of Nintendo 3DS are still to come."
The 2DS was released in North America in October for $129.99.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant