The folks on the Amazon Games team put together their top 10 games of 2013, and the online retailer is offering discounts on some of the honorees.
It's a list with some eclectic choices and a few surprising rankings:
The Amazon Games editors also detailed their process. First they listed approximately 40 nominees, then confined the list to "new complete games." Once they narrowed it down to 10 games, they each ordered the list themselves, and the vote totals determined the order of the final list.
Discounted entries on the Amazon list include the top game, The Last of Us, which is currently available for $43.01 (28 percent off). BioShock Infinite is on sale for different prices on different platforms, all around $30. And Ni no Kuni, as a Greatest Hits title on PlayStation 3, regularly costs $29.99 but is on sale for $19.99.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too