The folks on the Amazon Games team put together their top 10 games of 2013, and the online retailer is offering discounts on some of the honorees.
It's a list with some eclectic choices and a few surprising rankings:
The Amazon Games editors also detailed their process. First they listed approximately 40 nominees, then confined the list to "new complete games." Once they narrowed it down to 10 games, they each ordered the list themselves, and the vote totals determined the order of the final list.
Discounted entries on the Amazon list include the top game, The Last of Us, which is currently available for $43.01 (28 percent off). BioShock Infinite is on sale for different prices on different platforms, all around $30. And Ni no Kuni, as a Greatest Hits title on PlayStation 3, regularly costs $29.99 but is on sale for $19.99.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- EA's CEO on the company's plans for virtual reality
- DualShock 4 decals offer customization for your PS4 controller
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Why Renegade Kid is creating a free-style scooter game
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds