The folks on the Amazon Games team put together their top 10 games of 2013, and the online retailer is offering discounts on some of the honorees.
It's a list with some eclectic choices and a few surprising rankings:
The Amazon Games editors also detailed their process. First they listed approximately 40 nominees, then confined the list to "new complete games." Once they narrowed it down to 10 games, they each ordered the list themselves, and the vote totals determined the order of the final list.
Discounted entries on the Amazon list include the top game, The Last of Us, which is currently available for $43.01 (28 percent off). BioShock Infinite is on sale for different prices on different platforms, all around $30. And Ni no Kuni, as a Greatest Hits title on PlayStation 3, regularly costs $29.99 but is on sale for $19.99.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes