Two lead developers on Animal Crossing: New Leaf will deliver a postmortem lecture at the 2014 Game Developers Conference, the show's organizers announced this week.
The hourlong talk will be given by Aya Kyogoku, the game's director, and producer Katsuya Eguchi, both of Software Development Group 2 at New Leaf developer Nintendo EAD. Kyogoku's career at Nintendo began in 2003, and she previously worked on games such as The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Animal Crossing: City Folk. Eguchi has worked at Nintendo since 1986, and his resume includes Star Fox and more recent titles such as Nintendo Land.
Kyogoku and Eguchi will discuss the challenges of developing a new entry in the beloved Animal Crossing franchise — delivering a game that was fresh but familiar, something that honored the series' pedigree.
GDC 2014 will run from March 17-21 in San Francisco.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game