Two lead developers on Animal Crossing: New Leaf will deliver a postmortem lecture at the 2014 Game Developers Conference, the show's organizers announced this week.
The hourlong talk will be given by Aya Kyogoku, the game's director, and producer Katsuya Eguchi, both of Software Development Group 2 at New Leaf developer Nintendo EAD. Kyogoku's career at Nintendo began in 2003, and she previously worked on games such as The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Animal Crossing: City Folk. Eguchi has worked at Nintendo since 1986, and his resume includes Star Fox and more recent titles such as Nintendo Land.
Kyogoku and Eguchi will discuss the challenges of developing a new entry in the beloved Animal Crossing franchise — delivering a game that was fresh but familiar, something that honored the series' pedigree.
GDC 2014 will run from March 17-21 in San Francisco.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- This is the most accurate Pokémon trailer you'll ever watch
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth