Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to receive downloadable content pack Onslaught on Jan. 28, Infinity Ward announced via its Twitter and Call of Duty Instagram accounts, introducing new maps and new episodic content for Extinction.
The developer also revealed that Extinction, the game's four-player co-op horde mode that pits a team against aliens, will receive a new enemy in the form of monstrous arachnids with new episodic content called Nightfall. A reported promotional poster from GameStop surfaced over the weekend stating that Onslaught will feature four maps called Fog, Bayview, Containment and Ignition along with two new weapons.
The Onslaught and Extinction content will be available as part of the game's season pass, which consists of four packs: Onslaught, Devastation, Invasion and Nemesis. Each pack will feature new maps along with alien-infested Extinction content. The season pass transfers between console generations, a feature that is available to players who purchase the content before May 31.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes