Airtight Games' Ouya exclusive, Soul Fjord, will be released Jan. 28, the studio announced today.
Soul Fjord will be available as a free-to-play title with in-game purchases. The game was created by Airtight Games creative director Kim Swift, who served as the lead designer on Portal prior to joining the studio. Airtight describes Soul Fjord as a rhythm-based roguelike. The game combines Norse mythology and '70s soul music in its star, the "funk Viking" Magnus Jones, who is on a quest to save the world from Ragnarok.
The music of Soul Fjord also blends funk music with Viking influences. Soul Fjord's music was composed by Austin Wintory, who has previously contributed scores to titles such as thatgamecompany's Journey and Stoic's The Banner Saga.
For more on Soul Fjord, whose development was funded by Ouya, check out our interview with Swift from last June.
Update: You can check out a new developer diary about Soul Fjord's music below.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Action Henk gets seven new levels and tricky challenges for 'die-hard players'
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month