The latest trailer for From Software's Dark Souls 2 introduces players to more of the game's harsh, foreboding world, the twisted creatures that inhabit it and a cursed protagonist seeking respite through the consumption of souls.
As is Souls game tradition, Dark Souls 2's narrative foundation is explained by a raspy voiced woman who speaks of a murky, forgotten and ancient land, the new setting for the sequel. In addition to a peek at more pre-rendered cinematic footage, there's plenty of gameplay featured in the new trailer. From monsters familiar to players of the Dark Souls 2 network test to never-before-seen bosses — including what appears to be a dragon infested by giant spiders and a phalanx of undead fused together into a horrible monster — there's plenty to see and spoil yourself on.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- On Patreon support
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)