The latest trailer for From Software's Dark Souls 2 introduces players to more of the game's harsh, foreboding world, the twisted creatures that inhabit it and a cursed protagonist seeking respite through the consumption of souls.
As is Souls game tradition, Dark Souls 2's narrative foundation is explained by a raspy voiced woman who speaks of a murky, forgotten and ancient land, the new setting for the sequel. In addition to a peek at more pre-rendered cinematic footage, there's plenty of gameplay featured in the new trailer. From monsters familiar to players of the Dark Souls 2 network test to never-before-seen bosses — including what appears to be a dragon infested by giant spiders and a phalanx of undead fused together into a horrible monster — there's plenty to see and spoil yourself on.
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine