The latest trailer for From Software's Dark Souls 2 introduces players to more of the game's harsh, foreboding world, the twisted creatures that inhabit it and a cursed protagonist seeking respite through the consumption of souls.
As is Souls game tradition, Dark Souls 2's narrative foundation is explained by a raspy voiced woman who speaks of a murky, forgotten and ancient land, the new setting for the sequel. In addition to a peek at more pre-rendered cinematic footage, there's plenty of gameplay featured in the new trailer. From monsters familiar to players of the Dark Souls 2 network test to never-before-seen bosses — including what appears to be a dragon infested by giant spiders and a phalanx of undead fused together into a horrible monster — there's plenty to see and spoil yourself on.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?