The latest trailer for From Software's Dark Souls 2 introduces players to more of the game's harsh, foreboding world, the twisted creatures that inhabit it and a cursed protagonist seeking respite through the consumption of souls.
As is Souls game tradition, Dark Souls 2's narrative foundation is explained by a raspy voiced woman who speaks of a murky, forgotten and ancient land, the new setting for the sequel. In addition to a peek at more pre-rendered cinematic footage, there's plenty of gameplay featured in the new trailer. From monsters familiar to players of the Dark Souls 2 network test to never-before-seen bosses — including what appears to be a dragon infested by giant spiders and a phalanx of undead fused together into a horrible monster — there's plenty to see and spoil yourself on.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes EU PS3 pre-orders to include Peace Walker HD
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Towerfall Diamond League
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC