Xbox One owners can snag a limited-edition controller themed around upcoming mech shooter Titanfall, Microsoft announced today.
Designed by developer Respawn Entertainment in collaboration with the Xbox design team, the controller is designed to resemble the C-101 carbine, a weapon used by the pilots of elite Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation titans within the game.
The Titanfall Limited Edition Wireless Controller will be available for purchase alongside the game at launch. The controller costs $64.99 and is currently available for pre-order through the Microsoft Store.
In a post on his blog, Microsoft's Larry Hryb wrote that Respawn lead artist Joel Emslie said the goal was "to create a controller that feels as if it is a piece of military spec hardware transported from the universe of Titanfall and into players' hands."
Titanfall will launch on March 11 in North America and March 13 in Europe. Earlier this month, Respawn confirmed with Polygon that maps will hold up to 50 combatants, including players, AI and titans.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???