It's unclear what part of the game is playable in the demo, which weighs in at 1.13 GB. It allows players to check out Lightning Returns' new battle system as well as its costume customization features, which affect characters' abilities in battle. Those who activate the game's Outerworld services, a network that allows players to share content such as screenshots, and submit their battle scores through it will receive Siegfried garb in the full game.
We've reached out to publisher Square Enix to ask when the demo will be available on the PlayStation Store. In the meantime, you can check out our brand-new preview of Lightning Returns, which will be released Feb. 11 in North America.
Update: Apparently, the demo wasn't supposed to go up on Xbox Live quite yet. A representative for Square Enix told Polygon, "There was a technical glitch and the demo that was on [the Xbox Games Store] has since been taken offline." The publisher will announce the final availability of the demo on both PlayStation Network and Xbox Live at some point in the future.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- On Patreon support
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.