Users of Electronic Arts' Origin spent a lot of time using the digital distribution service in 2013, including playing games for 61 billion minutes, according to a year-in-review infographic released by EA last week.
In EA's most recent update about Origin's user base, which came last July, the company said it counted more than 50 million registered accounts, a figure that included 22 million users on mobile platforms. Those individuals combined to unlock nearly 159 million Origin achievements and participate in nearly 300 million chat sessions over the course of the year. And the 61 billion minutes of play time came in 1.3 billion game sessions.
Valve announced today that Steam now has 75 million active users, with an increase of 10 million coming over the past three months. The company originally launched Steam in 2003, whereas Origin debuted in 2011.
You can check out EA's full infographic here.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League