Users of Electronic Arts' Origin spent a lot of time using the digital distribution service in 2013, including playing games for 61 billion minutes, according to a year-in-review infographic released by EA last week.
In EA's most recent update about Origin's user base, which came last July, the company said it counted more than 50 million registered accounts, a figure that included 22 million users on mobile platforms. Those individuals combined to unlock nearly 159 million Origin achievements and participate in nearly 300 million chat sessions over the course of the year. And the 61 billion minutes of play time came in 1.3 billion game sessions.
Valve announced today that Steam now has 75 million active users, with an increase of 10 million coming over the past three months. The company originally launched Steam in 2003, whereas Origin debuted in 2011.
You can check out EA's full infographic here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)