Muffi Ghadial, vice president of product development OUYA, has left the company, the console manufacturer confirmed with TechCrunch earlier today.
Citing a source familiar with the matter, TechCrunch reports that the Ghadiali left the company by his own accord. OUYA confirmed Ghadiali's departure in a statement issued to the publication, saying that it is focusing on the next phase of the business and product development.
"We've made some recent changes including the departure of Muffi Ghadiali who was invaluable during the launch of OUYA," the statement reads. "As is to be expected, OUYA is an ever-changing business, and as we continue to grow our needs shift accordingly."
Leaving Amazon for OUYA in July 2012, Ghadiali was one the first employees and key team member in ensuring the micro-console's development and product launch. Prior to the console's release, Ghadiali took to the project's Kickstarter page outlining the next steps the console manufacturer planned to take amidst growing community skepticism that it might not hit its March launch window.
Ghadiali previously served with Amazon's development arm Lab126 as principal product manager, working on the company's line of Kindle products. He has held several other product management positions with technology companies, including Hewlett Packard and Synaptics.
Polygon reached out to OUYA for further information.
Correction: This article incorrectly stated that Ghadial was a co-founder. We've edited the article above to reflect this, and apologize for the error.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?