Jen Taylor, the voice actress of Halo's A.I. companion Cortana, will reportedly lend her talents to Microsoft's voice feature of the same name, according to MSFTnerd.
According to the site, Cortana, Microsoft's answer to Apple's Siri, will launch first in beta this April in the U.S. for Lumia devices. The feature will hit the iPhone Bing app this fall, also in the U.S. The report also says Cortana will come to the Xbox One and Windows users in North America in 2015, and the feature is expected to launch internationally in 2015 and 2016.
Rumors about Cortana began circulating last fall, touting it as a feature first headed to Windows Phone 8.1. Cortana will feature improved voice command capabilities over Windows Phone's current system and will allow users to interact with their phone using more natural commands.
Taylor, in addition to providing the voice of Halo's Cortana since the series' beginning, has also voiced Princess Peach, Toad and Toadette in various Mario games and sports spin-offs, Zoey in Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 and various heroes from Dota 2. She also provides narration for Rooster Teeth's animated webseries RWBY.
Polygon has reached out to Microsoft as well as actress Taylor to verify the report and will share details as we have them.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?