NBA Rush, an endless runner that lets players dunk on aliens with NBA stars, launched today on iOS as a free-to-play title.
Players take the role of 90 different NBA athletes from all 30 teams — such as the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant (screenshot above), the New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony and the Houston Rockets' James Harden — and run around dunking on UFOs to repel an alien invasion of Earth. They'll sprint through city streets, cars, tunnels and parking garages while pulling off dribble moves like crossovers and spins. Players can unlock special dunks and additional athletes as they progress, or pay for in-game currency to speed up the process.
"In designing NBA Rush, our goal was to highlight the incredible athletic skills of NBA stars by portraying them as superheroes who will save the earth from an alien invasion," said Martin Ma, vice president of strategy and investment at Renren Games, in a press release today.
NBA Rush is available on the iTunes App Store. It requires iOS 5 or later and is compatible with iPhone 4 and up, iPad 2 and up, iPad Mini and the 5th-generation iPod touch.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Disney Infinity is free to download on Wii U