Publisher Focus Home Interactive released the first five pieces of concept art for developer Frogwares' upcoming Call of Cthulhu today.
Check out the gallery below for a glimpse of a dark and foreboding world full of rundown mansions, cockeyed tombstones and hanged men. Call of Cthulhu, which may be related to the early-80s pen-and-paper role-playing game based on H.P. Lovecraft mythology, is headed to next-gen consoles and PC from the French developer perhaps best known for its series of Sherlock Holmes adventure games.
We've reached out to Focus for more on the game and will update with more information as it becomes available.
Update: A representative for Chaosium, the company behind the pen-and-paper version of Call of Cthulhu, confirmed to Polygon that it is working with Frogwares on the upcoming game.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- How is Battlefield 4 on PC
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?