Publisher Focus Home Interactive released the first five pieces of concept art for developer Frogwares' upcoming Call of Cthulhu today.
Check out the gallery below for a glimpse of a dark and foreboding world full of rundown mansions, cockeyed tombstones and hanged men. Call of Cthulhu, which may be related to the early-80s pen-and-paper role-playing game based on H.P. Lovecraft mythology, is headed to next-gen consoles and PC from the French developer perhaps best known for its series of Sherlock Holmes adventure games.
We've reached out to Focus for more on the game and will update with more information as it becomes available.
Update: A representative for Chaosium, the company behind the pen-and-paper version of Call of Cthulhu, confirmed to Polygon that it is working with Frogwares on the upcoming game.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Daggerfall players
- The Hong Kong Massacre
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- XBOne Classifieds
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward