Publisher Focus Home Interactive released the first five pieces of concept art for developer Frogwares' upcoming Call of Cthulhu today.
Check out the gallery below for a glimpse of a dark and foreboding world full of rundown mansions, cockeyed tombstones and hanged men. Call of Cthulhu, which may be related to the early-80s pen-and-paper role-playing game based on H.P. Lovecraft mythology, is headed to next-gen consoles and PC from the French developer perhaps best known for its series of Sherlock Holmes adventure games.
We've reached out to Focus for more on the game and will update with more information as it becomes available.
Update: A representative for Chaosium, the company behind the pen-and-paper version of Call of Cthulhu, confirmed to Polygon that it is working with Frogwares on the upcoming game.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?