Players who pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition of World of Warcraft's next expansion, Warlords of Draenor, will instantly receive a mount, a pet and a character boost to level 90 ahead of the expansion's release, according to a Battle.net blog post.
The instant level boost will also be granted to those who pre-order the standard edition and details on a physical Collector's Edition will be announced soon. Blizzard tweaked the pre-purchase plans outlined during BlizzCon because it was obvious that players wanted to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion.
Following a survey that was sent out to "past and current" subscribers, Blizzard is evaluating methods of purchasing a character upgrade directly for those who want to boost multiple characters to 90, without having to purchase multiple boxes. A character upgrade feature will be tested out "in the near future."
World of Warcraft's original races will get an overhaul with the expansion, such as a higher polygon count, improved textures, refined animations, new facial emotes and more. Graphical fidelity will also be improved "across the board," updating NPCs, objects and environments.
Those wishing to participate in the expansion’s upcoming closed beta test are invited to opt in on Warcraft betas.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments