Super Smash Bros. players will gather at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Somerset, N.J. this weekend for the Apex 2014 tournament, and the brawls will be streamed online, according to a post on the official Twitch blog.
The streams highlighting Apex's 630 challengers will run from 10 a.m. ET to 11 p.m. ET from Friday, Jan. 17, through Sunday, Jan. 19 on four Twitch channels. Team Sp00ky will include the main Apex 2014 stream. CLASHTournaments will stream pool play for most events and the finals. 8WayRun will broadcast various events. Bifuteki will show several titles, including games in the Street Fighter and Tekken franchises. You can switch between each at the official Apex 2014 page on Twitch.
According to Shoryuken, Apex 2014 will include up to $1,000 pot bonuses for tournaments including Super Smash Bros singles and doubles tournaments, as well as The King of Fighters 13, Injustice: Gods Among Us and more. You can learn more about the tournament at Apex 2014's website, which is down as of this writing.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month