Students at Nordahl Grieg high school in Norway are playing Telltale Games' The Walking Dead in class, on purpose and with their teacher's permission.
According to a report in the Norwegian publication NRK.no, instructor Tobias Staaby assigned the adventure game to his students to study ethical dilemmas, many of which are peppered throughout Telltale's episodic title.
"I thought I would get angry phone calls from a mother or father ..." Staaby said, according to a Google translation, "but so far I have not gotten it."
Press play above and turn on translated subtitles to see The Walking Dead as it's played in the Norwegian classroom, where students make decisions as a class and discuss their handling of the post-apocalyptic ethical dilemmas.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake