Students at Nordahl Grieg high school in Norway are playing Telltale Games' The Walking Dead in class, on purpose and with their teacher's permission.
According to a report in the Norwegian publication NRK.no, instructor Tobias Staaby assigned the adventure game to his students to study ethical dilemmas, many of which are peppered throughout Telltale's episodic title.
"I thought I would get angry phone calls from a mother or father ..." Staaby said, according to a Google translation, "but so far I have not gotten it."
Press play above and turn on translated subtitles to see The Walking Dead as it's played in the Norwegian classroom, where students make decisions as a class and discuss their handling of the post-apocalyptic ethical dilemmas.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall