Players with a copy of PlayStation Portable title Valkyria Chronicles 3 can now download a fan-made patch that translates the game into English, the patch's creators announced on their website.
The Valkyria Chronicles 3 Fan Translation Project has been in development since February 2012. The project's goal was to translate the script for the title — which was only released in Japan in 2011 — and build a patch inserting the localization into the game's code.
The patch is compatible with the Valkyria Chronicles 3: Extra Edition and requires at least 4GB of open space on users' computers, as well as the installation of custom firmware for the PSP. Further instructions on integrating the patch are available in a post on the project's website.
The creators also note that text during the tutorial has some formatting issues and later in the game there are some instances of text spilling over dialogue boxes. The team is currently working to address both these problems.
Valkyria Chronicles 3 is the third title in the franchise and framed as a side story occurring parallel to the timeline of the first game. The title features darker themes than its predecessors and follows a group of "nameless soldiers who, on the verge of despair, changed history." The tactical role-playing game can still be purchased for PSP through import retailers.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Sharknado: The Video Game lays waste to Manhattan, iOS, common sense
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward