Eidos Montreal released the official minimum and recommended system requirements for the Windows PC version of Thief on its official community blog.
According to the post, the developer worked with Nixxes to optimize Thief for PC, a Dutch game development studio who was also involved with the PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Tomb Raider. The requirements are as follows:
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista with platform update
CPU: High-performance dual core CPU or quad core CPU
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 4800 series / Nvidia GTS 250
DirectX: DirectX 10
HDD/SSD: 20 GB
OS: Windows 7 or 8
CPU: AMD FX 8000 series or better / Intel i7 Quad Core CPU
RAM: 4+ GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD / R9 series or better / Nvidia GTX 660 series or better
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD/SSD: 20 GB
The reboot of the long-running stealth franchise launches Feb. 25 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The developer says that even though says that even though the title is coming to next-gen consoles, "Thief will always be most at home on the PC" for old-school fans of the game.
Players who pre-order the Master Thief Edition on Steam or other digital distribution platforms will receive a comic book, art book, Luc St. Pierre-composed soundtrack and a booster pack of items. Those who buy an AMD Radeon graphics card may receive a free copy of Thief as part of AMD's Never Settle Forever offer.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???