Eidos Montreal released the official minimum and recommended system requirements for the Windows PC version of Thief on its official community blog.
According to the post, the developer worked with Nixxes to optimize Thief for PC, a Dutch game development studio who was also involved with the PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Tomb Raider. The requirements are as follows:
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista with platform update
CPU: High-performance dual core CPU or quad core CPU
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 4800 series / Nvidia GTS 250
DirectX: DirectX 10
HDD/SSD: 20 GB
OS: Windows 7 or 8
CPU: AMD FX 8000 series or better / Intel i7 Quad Core CPU
RAM: 4+ GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD / R9 series or better / Nvidia GTX 660 series or better
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD/SSD: 20 GB
The reboot of the long-running stealth franchise launches Feb. 25 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The developer says that even though says that even though the title is coming to next-gen consoles, "Thief will always be most at home on the PC" for old-school fans of the game.
Players who pre-order the Master Thief Edition on Steam or other digital distribution platforms will receive a comic book, art book, Luc St. Pierre-composed soundtrack and a booster pack of items. Those who buy an AMD Radeon graphics card may receive a free copy of Thief as part of AMD's Never Settle Forever offer.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- A New Steam Controller
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- DESTINY disappointment?
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22