Eidos Montreal released the official minimum and recommended system requirements for the Windows PC version of Thief on its official community blog.
According to the post, the developer worked with Nixxes to optimize Thief for PC, a Dutch game development studio who was also involved with the PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Tomb Raider. The requirements are as follows:
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista with platform update
CPU: High-performance dual core CPU or quad core CPU
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 4800 series / Nvidia GTS 250
DirectX: DirectX 10
HDD/SSD: 20 GB
OS: Windows 7 or 8
CPU: AMD FX 8000 series or better / Intel i7 Quad Core CPU
RAM: 4+ GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD / R9 series or better / Nvidia GTX 660 series or better
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD/SSD: 20 GB
The reboot of the long-running stealth franchise launches Feb. 25 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The developer says that even though says that even though the title is coming to next-gen consoles, "Thief will always be most at home on the PC" for old-school fans of the game.
Players who pre-order the Master Thief Edition on Steam or other digital distribution platforms will receive a comic book, art book, Luc St. Pierre-composed soundtrack and a booster pack of items. Those who buy an AMD Radeon graphics card may receive a free copy of Thief as part of AMD's Never Settle Forever offer.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here