Sony will continue two of its most popular sales tomorrow: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Worms: Battle Islands will become the latest games to go free on PlayStation Plus, and "PS Vita Play" will kick off a four-week series of release discounts.
Brothers, originally released on PlayStation Network, Steam and Xbox Live Arcade last summer, is a heartfelt adventure from Starbreeze Studios with a unique control scheme that helped cement its place on our 2013 Games of the Year list. Team17 launched Worms: Battle Islands, another entry in the long-running series of 2D multiplayer worm warfare titles, on PlayStation Portable and Wii in November 2010; it is also playable on PS Vita. Both Brothers and Battle Islands usually cost $14.99 on the PlayStation Store.
Tomorrow will also mark the beginning of Sony's PS Vita Play promotion, under which the company will offer special deals on four PS Vita titles being released over the next four weeks. PS Plus subscribers will be able to pick up each game at a 20 percent discount during its launch week. And anyone who buys more than one of the four games will receive a credit to their PS Store wallet: Buy two of the four titles to get $3, three of the four to get $6 and all four to get $10 back.
PS Vita Play kicks off Jan. 21 with Roll 7's OlliOlli ($12.99, or $10.39 on PS Plus through Jan. 27), and continues with Artdink's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z on Jan. 28 ($39.99, or $31.99 on PS Plus through Feb. 3), Hitbox Team's Dustforce on Feb. 4 ($9.99, or $7.99 on PS Plus through Feb. 10) and Llamasoft's TxK on Feb. 11 ($9.99, or $7.99 on PS Plus through Feb. 17).
- Titanfall - Overview video
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Phosfiend Systems releasing musical exploration game Fract OSC in April
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Skrillex launches full-length album within mobile game Alien Ride
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Battle.net authentication server issues causing sign-in problems (update)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.