British game developer Lionhead Studios has revealed its team of designers is quietly working on a new IP that isn't related to the long-running Fable franchise.
Speaking to Eurogamer, Lionhead boss John Needham stated that in addition to the already announced projects Fable Anniversary and Fable Legends, the studio is "working on other games, too." Needham didn't detail what these other games could be, adding that Lionhead is simply working on different kinds of titles:
"We're working on other different sorts of games as well that we're not talking about right now and won't be Fable-esque," he said.
"We've worked on a number of Fable games," said studio director Stuart Whyte. "We did The Movies. We did Black & White. We're not just a Fable studio. Judging by where we are at the moment we've had a lot of Fable games in recent times, but I wouldn't say that we're just Fable. I can't really say any more at this point!"
Outside of its development of the Fable series, Lionhead has additionally worked on Black & White - its first game, published in 2001 - and The Movies in 2005. Since being acquired by Microsoft in 2006, however, the team has focused on producing new titles for its Fable IP.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse