British game developer Lionhead Studios has revealed its team of designers is quietly working on a new IP that isn't related to the long-running Fable franchise.
Speaking to Eurogamer, Lionhead boss John Needham stated that in addition to the already announced projects Fable Anniversary and Fable Legends, the studio is "working on other games, too." Needham didn't detail what these other games could be, adding that Lionhead is simply working on different kinds of titles:
"We're working on other different sorts of games as well that we're not talking about right now and won't be Fable-esque," he said.
"We've worked on a number of Fable games," said studio director Stuart Whyte. "We did The Movies. We did Black & White. We're not just a Fable studio. Judging by where we are at the moment we've had a lot of Fable games in recent times, but I wouldn't say that we're just Fable. I can't really say any more at this point!"
Outside of its development of the Fable series, Lionhead has additionally worked on Black & White - its first game, published in 2001 - and The Movies in 2005. Since being acquired by Microsoft in 2006, however, the team has focused on producing new titles for its Fable IP.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us