Developer Gearbox Software previously confirmed its plans to ship the game on the handheld system sometime this year, although the team did not specify when.
Last year, Sony Computer Entertainment America announced it is launching Third Party Productions, a new group within its Third Party Relations team that will work with developers to bring their IP to Sony' platforms. The company revealed it is helping bring Borderlands 2 to PS Vita.
Update: Publisher 2K has since tweeted that it released the Borderlands 2 for PS Vita launch date in error.
"We apologise for a tweet about a release date for Borderlands 2 on Vita which was posted in error," reads a statement from the company on its official Twitter account. "The release date mentioned is incorrect."
Polygon has reached out for more information.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month