Sony is looking into a PlayStation 4 error effecting some users' save files, a spokesperson for the company confirmed with Polygon this morning.
The error, documented in a thread on the PlayStation EU forums, is tied to issues with save files. Players are reporting error "ce-34878-0" and finding their save files corrupted.
According to the forums, the error is affecting a number of titles, including Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, FIFA 14 and NBA 2K14. Users are reporting being unable to access their files as well as losing hours of gameplay progression.
"We are aware of the cases and we appreciate your patience while we investigate," a representative for Sony told us.
The error code "ce-34878-0" indicates that an application has crashed. On the PlayStation support site, Sony recommends that users experiencing the error should exit the affected game, then install the latest system software and game patches. If the error persists, players can try backing up the save data and then initializing the PS4 console. If this does not work after restarting the system, players are encouraged to contact Sony for additional support.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Here's what Valve's canned project Prospero might have looked like
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22