Sony is looking into a PlayStation 4 error effecting some users' save files, a spokesperson for the company confirmed with Polygon this morning.
The error, documented in a thread on the PlayStation EU forums, is tied to issues with save files. Players are reporting error "ce-34878-0" and finding their save files corrupted.
According to the forums, the error is affecting a number of titles, including Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, FIFA 14 and NBA 2K14. Users are reporting being unable to access their files as well as losing hours of gameplay progression.
"We are aware of the cases and we appreciate your patience while we investigate," a representative for Sony told us.
The error code "ce-34878-0" indicates that an application has crashed. On the PlayStation support site, Sony recommends that users experiencing the error should exit the affected game, then install the latest system software and game patches. If the error persists, players can try backing up the save data and then initializing the PS4 console. If this does not work after restarting the system, players are encouraged to contact Sony for additional support.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?