Sony is looking into a PlayStation 4 error effecting some users' save files, a spokesperson for the company confirmed with Polygon this morning.
The error, documented in a thread on the PlayStation EU forums, is tied to issues with save files. Players are reporting error "ce-34878-0" and finding their save files corrupted.
According to the forums, the error is affecting a number of titles, including Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, FIFA 14 and NBA 2K14. Users are reporting being unable to access their files as well as losing hours of gameplay progression.
"We are aware of the cases and we appreciate your patience while we investigate," a representative for Sony told us.
The error code "ce-34878-0" indicates that an application has crashed. On the PlayStation support site, Sony recommends that users experiencing the error should exit the affected game, then install the latest system software and game patches. If the error persists, players can try backing up the save data and then initializing the PS4 console. If this does not work after restarting the system, players are encouraged to contact Sony for additional support.
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- If you're still having trouble with Xbox Live, you're not alone
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?