Publisher Idea Factory will bring Monster Monpiece, a strategic card battle game, to PlayStation Vita in North America and Europe later this year, but will cut down on the game's "strong sexual nature" by removing certain cards, the company said today.
Monster Monpiece features a card-based battle system that revolves around Monster Girl cards. Players level up cards by rubbing the screen — which often results in removed articles of clothing — to "send magic power into the cards." According to the publisher, the decision to remove certain elements was "a tough decision," and that gameplay and storyline will remain intact.
"Idea Factory International strives to localize and publish Idea Factory titles with the same content as their Japanese releases," the company said. "Here is the list of Monster Girls whose images have been limited to that of their level 1, 2 or 3 evolution form due to the strong sexual nature of the card images: Vampire, Kraken, Goblin, Cockatrice, Kobold, Skeleton, Titania, Bahamut, Fia, Brownie, Pegasus, Mandragora, Mau Sibau, Rafflesia, Death Scorpion, Phantom and Tengu.
"We fully understand that there are needs and demands for the complete version of these games. Our intention and motivation is to offer Idea Factory titles in a form that is as close as possible to the Japanese versions."
Monster Monpiece is expected to launch via the PlayStation Network this spring.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"