Publisher Idea Factory will bring Monster Monpiece, a strategic card battle game, to PlayStation Vita in North America and Europe later this year, but will cut down on the game's "strong sexual nature" by removing certain cards, the company said today.
Monster Monpiece features a card-based battle system that revolves around Monster Girl cards. Players level up cards by rubbing the screen — which often results in removed articles of clothing — to "send magic power into the cards." According to the publisher, the decision to remove certain elements was "a tough decision," and that gameplay and storyline will remain intact.
"Idea Factory International strives to localize and publish Idea Factory titles with the same content as their Japanese releases," the company said. "Here is the list of Monster Girls whose images have been limited to that of their level 1, 2 or 3 evolution form due to the strong sexual nature of the card images: Vampire, Kraken, Goblin, Cockatrice, Kobold, Skeleton, Titania, Bahamut, Fia, Brownie, Pegasus, Mandragora, Mau Sibau, Rafflesia, Death Scorpion, Phantom and Tengu.
"We fully understand that there are needs and demands for the complete version of these games. Our intention and motivation is to offer Idea Factory titles in a form that is as close as possible to the Japanese versions."
Monster Monpiece is expected to launch via the PlayStation Network this spring.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes