The shipment figure was achieved in the month between its release alongside the Xbox One on Nov. 22 and Dec. 20. The milestone encompasses sales within the console's launch regions, such as Europe, North America and "other Xbox One launch markets."
The previous title in the series, Dead Rising 2, surpassed two million copies shipped worldwide within the first months of hitting retail. Dead Rising, released in 2006, shipped more than one million copies worldwide within six months. As of Dec. 31, 2013, global shipments of the franchise totals more seven million units since the first Dead Rising's launch.
Dead Rising 3 received a 13GB patch this week ahead of its DLC expansion release. The update fixed problems with picking up items, Achievements and trials tied to PP and blueprints and more. It also improved game performance and stability. The game's first of four planned downloadable expansions, Operation Broken Eagle, launched on Jan. 21.
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?