The shipment figure was achieved in the month between its release alongside the Xbox One on Nov. 22 and Dec. 20. The milestone encompasses sales within the console's launch regions, such as Europe, North America and "other Xbox One launch markets."
The previous title in the series, Dead Rising 2, surpassed two million copies shipped worldwide within the first months of hitting retail. Dead Rising, released in 2006, shipped more than one million copies worldwide within six months. As of Dec. 31, 2013, global shipments of the franchise totals more seven million units since the first Dead Rising's launch.
Dead Rising 3 received a 13GB patch this week ahead of its DLC expansion release. The update fixed problems with picking up items, Achievements and trials tied to PP and blueprints and more. It also improved game performance and stability. The game's first of four planned downloadable expansions, Operation Broken Eagle, launched on Jan. 21.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Find out which experimental games excite Korean devs
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22