Infamous is what you become when you've done it all in Payday 2 and you don't mind tossing aside some progress to build yourself back up as a pro.
According to Overkill Software's official site for Infamy, the heist-based shooter's latest free update for Windows PC introduces a new concept based on success. Reach level 100, and you can purchase a level of Infamy for $200 million of in-game currency.
Becoming infamous also means you'll lose your level progress, spent and unspent skill points and the aforementioned millions. However, you'll gain one of 14 cards that prove you're a pro, an Infamy point to spend in a new skill tree and the aforementioned card. Every time you level up, you'll earn a new card and an Infamy point to spend. At launch, only tier one is available. The rest will be "unlocked at a later date," according to Overkill.
Check out the gallery below to see the new masks, patterns and materials that you can earn through Pay Day 2's new Infamy tree.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'