Here are some links to quickly catch you up on the story so far: 1. Candy Crush Saga developer King.com announces they've filed to trademark the word candy. 2. It turned out they already had the trademark on the word saga, and filed an opposition against Stoic over their game The Banner Saga. But King.com says they aren't trying to stop Stoic from using the name. 3. Stoic says the trademark dispute is hindering development of a Banner Saga sequel.
Today on Friends List, Features Editor Russ Pitts asks Senior Reporter Tracey Lien if you can trademark Candy.
The episode will begin at 2 p.m. ET (or thereabouts!) and will be available via YouTube following the recording. While you wait you can watch the previous episode: What does the FTC think about YouTube promotion?
Enjoy Friends List anywhere, anytime:
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC