Here are some links to quickly catch you up on the story so far: 1. Candy Crush Saga developer King.com announces they've filed to trademark the word candy. 2. It turned out they already had the trademark on the word saga, and filed an opposition against Stoic over their game The Banner Saga. But King.com says they aren't trying to stop Stoic from using the name. 3. Stoic says the trademark dispute is hindering development of a Banner Saga sequel.
Today on Friends List, Features Editor Russ Pitts asks Senior Reporter Tracey Lien if you can trademark Candy.
The episode will begin at 2 p.m. ET (or thereabouts!) and will be available via YouTube following the recording. While you wait you can watch the previous episode: What does the FTC think about YouTube promotion?
Enjoy Friends List anywhere, anytime:
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design