Here are some links to quickly catch you up on the story so far: 1. Candy Crush Saga developer King.com announces they've filed to trademark the word candy. 2. It turned out they already had the trademark on the word saga, and filed an opposition against Stoic over their game The Banner Saga. But King.com says they aren't trying to stop Stoic from using the name. 3. Stoic says the trademark dispute is hindering development of a Banner Saga sequel.
Today on Friends List, Features Editor Russ Pitts asks Senior Reporter Tracey Lien if you can trademark Candy.
The episode will begin at 2 p.m. ET (or thereabouts!) and will be available via YouTube following the recording. While you wait you can watch the previous episode: What does the FTC think about YouTube promotion?
Enjoy Friends List anywhere, anytime:
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27