The Xbox One received the NBA 2K14 Patch 4 today and PlayStation 4 users can expect the update "shortly." Patch 4 resolves issues where users were unable to load or play any previously saved files, unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM and where Friend invites were barring some players from joining Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
The update addresses problems where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile and where the game would sometimes exit out shortly after boot if a number of content update notifications were listed. The patch also improves the performance of The Park, corrects thumbnail issues and introduces the ability to progress to the next round of the playoffs when playing a deciding game in MyGM.
The latest updates introduced with Patch 4 are listed in full on the official 2K Blog. According to 2K Sports community manager Ronnie Singh, the game will also receive a uniform update today, adding "tons of new jerseys."
NBA 2K14 launched Nov. 15 on the PlayStation 4, followed by an Xbox One release on Nov. 19 To learn more about the title's performance on next-gen consoles, be sure to read our review, updated to take in account the fixes introduced with Patch 3.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- First Tekken 7 details revealed at Comic-Con