South Park: The Stick of Truth began not at a video game developer but at South Park Digital Studios with series creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
About four years ago, the duo wanted to create a South Park role-playing game on systems that could reproduce the look of "authentic crappiness" that the TV show is known for, according to Stone. They wrote the story and took it to video game studios to develop, a relationship that began with publisher THQ and developer Vigil and ended with publisher Ubisoft and developer Obsidian Entertainment.
Press play above to see and hear the occasionally NSFW video for South Park: The Stick of Truth, which is headed to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC March 4.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds