South Park: The Stick of Truth began not at a video game developer but at South Park Digital Studios with series creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
About four years ago, the duo wanted to create a South Park role-playing game on systems that could reproduce the look of "authentic crappiness" that the TV show is known for, according to Stone. They wrote the story and took it to video game studios to develop, a relationship that began with publisher THQ and developer Vigil and ended with publisher Ubisoft and developer Obsidian Entertainment.
Press play above to see and hear the occasionally NSFW video for South Park: The Stick of Truth, which is headed to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC March 4.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)