Steam users now have the ability to cancel pre-orders without having to contact Valve, according to reports on the Steam Users' Forums.
We took the screenshot below, and as you can see, Steam's transaction history now includes a "Refund an item" link for pre-orders. Until this point, Steam users who wanted to cancel a pre-order had to open a support ticket with Valve.
Valve charges your method of payment when you place an order, even for pre-orders, and it's unclear if refunds for pre-orders only put money back into your Steam Wallet or return the purchase price to your method of payment. We've reached out to Valve for more details, and will update this article with any information we receive.
- Relaxing Open-World game for PS4
- What is the greatest boss battle of all time?
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Ermagerd Smarsh! (Sat\Sun 22-23Nov)
- Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets in the Distance
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, no. 2: Shocking Truth!
- Which PS4 Games Are Must Buys Right Now in the Mature Genre?
- Polygon Dota 2 Group
- What external hard drives do you use?
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (November)
- Polygon Daily Off Topic: Scrawl Penguin (Friday, Nov. 21)