Steam users now have the ability to cancel pre-orders without having to contact Valve, according to reports on the Steam Users' Forums.
We took the screenshot below, and as you can see, Steam's transaction history now includes a "Refund an item" link for pre-orders. Until this point, Steam users who wanted to cancel a pre-order had to open a support ticket with Valve.
Valve charges your method of payment when you place an order, even for pre-orders, and it's unclear if refunds for pre-orders only put money back into your Steam Wallet or return the purchase price to your method of payment. We've reached out to Valve for more details, and will update this article with any information we receive.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)