Nvidia marketing manager Philip Scholz was killed on Jan. 20 after attempting to pull a man off the train tracks at the Santa Clara Caltrain Station in California, Mercury News reports.
According to surveillance footage taken just before his death, Scholz laid on his stomach and attempted to help pull the man to safety just before the train hit both men around 5:30 p.m. at 50 to 70 mph. Scholz was killed in the accident, while the man he helped remains in critical condition at the hospital. His identity has not yet been released.
Scholz, age 35, was raised in Washington. He attended Santa Clara University in California and was married to Emily Scholz.
The memorial for Philip Scholz will take place at 10 a.m. on Feb. 10 at the Veterans Memorial Building in Pleasanton.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes