Nvidia marketing manager Philip Scholz was killed on Jan. 20 after attempting to pull a man off the train tracks at the Santa Clara Caltrain Station in California, Mercury News reports.
According to surveillance footage taken just before his death, Scholz laid on his stomach and attempted to help pull the man to safety just before the train hit both men around 5:30 p.m. at 50 to 70 mph. Scholz was killed in the accident, while the man he helped remains in critical condition at the hospital. His identity has not yet been released.
Scholz, age 35, was raised in Washington. He attended Santa Clara University in California and was married to Emily Scholz.
The memorial for Philip Scholz will take place at 10 a.m. on Feb. 10 at the Veterans Memorial Building in Pleasanton.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League