Two of the six shields designed for Dark Souls 2 by members of the community were revealed via the franchise's official Facebook page.
From Software announced the contest in April of last year. Designers were invited to download and design on three shield templates, after which the community voted on all entries. From Software representatives then chose six winners from the top 30 submissions.
"As a conclusion to the ‘Shield Design Contest' held in May 2013 on facebook.com/Darksouls, the six winning shield designs created by the Dark Souls community have been adapted by From Software to blend in the Dark Souls 2 aesthetic and become part of Drangleic, the mysterious fallen kingdom where the game's story unfolds," the post reads.
Designers whose work was selected will be credited in Dark Souls 2; they'll also receive a free copy of the Collector's Edition and a real shield based on their design.
You can view photos of both the physical and in-game representations of the shields on Facebook. The last two sets will be revealed on Jan. 28 and Jan. 31.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action
- AbleGamers Foundation raised more than $33K at PAX East 2014
- Hearthstone Fireside Gatherings will help players meet in the real world April 26
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam