The beta will allegedly be available exclusively from Zappos in France and Gamestop in the U.S. Posters advertising the upcoming beta in France were also posted by the website, with the beta's start date clearly shown.
This follows the release of registration invitations earlier in the month to stress test the game on Xbox One as part of what developer Respawn Entertainment described as a "limited technical test" or alpha.
Titanfall will launch on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on March 11, alongside a limited-edition controller themed around the upcoming mech shooter. The Titanfall Limited Edition Wireless Controller will be available for purchase alongside the game at launch for $64.99.
Polygon has reached out to EA for more details.
Update: Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella announced over Twitter today that there will be a Titanfall beta for Xbox One and Windows PC. He did not confirm the date.
#supersecret announcement time. I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and XboxOne Beta! Details in the coming days— Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) January 28, 2014
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- We knew Dark Souls 2 was missing something (it's Rocky)
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28