The beta will allegedly be available exclusively from Zappos in France and Gamestop in the U.S. Posters advertising the upcoming beta in France were also posted by the website, with the beta's start date clearly shown.
This follows the release of registration invitations earlier in the month to stress test the game on Xbox One as part of what developer Respawn Entertainment described as a "limited technical test" or alpha.
Titanfall will launch on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on March 11, alongside a limited-edition controller themed around the upcoming mech shooter. The Titanfall Limited Edition Wireless Controller will be available for purchase alongside the game at launch for $64.99.
Polygon has reached out to EA for more details.
Update: Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella announced over Twitter today that there will be a Titanfall beta for Xbox One and Windows PC. He did not confirm the date.
#supersecret announcement time. I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and XboxOne Beta! Details in the coming days— Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) January 28, 2014
- Toys for Bob and the story behind Skylanders
- Your first look at Prodigy's two new monstrous creatures
- Bungie fires Halo composer Martin O'Donnell (update)
- Wildstar PvP will throw you into a 40 vs. 40 battle royale
- Starbound studio is helping to bring metroidvania RPG Heart Forth, Alicia to new platforms
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?