The beta will allegedly be available exclusively from Zappos in France and Gamestop in the U.S. Posters advertising the upcoming beta in France were also posted by the website, with the beta's start date clearly shown.
This follows the release of registration invitations earlier in the month to stress test the game on Xbox One as part of what developer Respawn Entertainment described as a "limited technical test" or alpha.
Titanfall will launch on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on March 11, alongside a limited-edition controller themed around the upcoming mech shooter. The Titanfall Limited Edition Wireless Controller will be available for purchase alongside the game at launch for $64.99.
Polygon has reached out to EA for more details.
Update: Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella announced over Twitter today that there will be a Titanfall beta for Xbox One and Windows PC. He did not confirm the date.
#supersecret announcement time. I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and XboxOne Beta! Details in the coming days— Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) January 28, 2014
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?