The beta will allegedly be available exclusively from Zappos in France and Gamestop in the U.S. Posters advertising the upcoming beta in France were also posted by the website, with the beta's start date clearly shown.
This follows the release of registration invitations earlier in the month to stress test the game on Xbox One as part of what developer Respawn Entertainment described as a "limited technical test" or alpha.
Titanfall will launch on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on March 11, alongside a limited-edition controller themed around the upcoming mech shooter. The Titanfall Limited Edition Wireless Controller will be available for purchase alongside the game at launch for $64.99.
Polygon has reached out to EA for more details.
Update: Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella announced over Twitter today that there will be a Titanfall beta for Xbox One and Windows PC. He did not confirm the date.
#supersecret announcement time. I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and XboxOne Beta! Details in the coming days— Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) January 28, 2014
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)