Grand Theft Auto 5 players on PlayStation 3 can turn their time in Los Santos into an underwater adventure with a mod that brings the city beneath the ocean waves.
According to modder "Bushigan," sinking Los Santos requires a modded PS3 console, since players are going to have to shuffle some files to get the mod to work. The mod also includes the ability to transform vehicles into submarines for a way to get around that sticks to the underwater theme. Some rooftops poke above the crashing waves, and any humans and vehicles that respawn underwater automatically begin floating upwards to the surface, as shown in the videos above and below.
The mod is available for GTA 5's single-player mode and can be downloaded here.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)