Grand Theft Auto 5 players on PlayStation 3 can turn their time in Los Santos into an underwater adventure with a mod that brings the city beneath the ocean waves.
According to modder "Bushigan," sinking Los Santos requires a modded PS3 console, since players are going to have to shuffle some files to get the mod to work. The mod also includes the ability to transform vehicles into submarines for a way to get around that sticks to the underwater theme. Some rooftops poke above the crashing waves, and any humans and vehicles that respawn underwater automatically begin floating upwards to the surface, as shown in the videos above and below.
The mod is available for GTA 5's single-player mode and can be downloaded here.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.