Upcoming massively multiplayer online title EverQuest Next, the third in the EverQuest franchise line, is "absolutely coming to PlayStation 4," according to a post from Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley in a Reddit AMA.
EverQuest Next, which sets players in a different version of the previous games' universe of Norrath, will launch alongside its companion world-building tool, EverQuest Next Landmark. Shortly following the launch of the PS4 last November, Smedley teased the possibility of the MMO hitting the console. In response to a fan question during the AMA about seeing Next on consoles, Smedley responded that yes, the title would come to PS4.
"We will absolutely be bringing EQN to the Playstation 4," he wrote.
EverQuest Next was announced during SOE Live in August of last year. The game is currently slated to launch this year, but in the AMA, Smedley suggested Next's launch window has been extended into 2015.
"Not sure yet," Smedley wrote when asked if the title would be released this year. "Likely sometime next year."
As for Planetside 2, Smedley added that SOE would support the title for "hopefully 20 years," noting Sony is consolidating the franchises it's currently working on in order to "support the titles we want to be there for the long haul."
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Wii U pre-orders see a huge increase after Gamescom, says Amazon
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?