Blizzard provided a plethora of data points about the World of Warcraft series in a massive infographic. The 100 million number includes the creation of trial accounts, and covers players in 244 countries around the world. As of the end of September 2013, Blizzard counted 7.6 million active subscribers to World of Warcraft. More than 500 million characters have lived on those 100 million lifetime accounts, with a faction breakdown of 52 percent Alliance, 47 percent Horde and 1 percent neutral.
Daily activity remains high in Azeroth, according to the infographic. Every day, World of Warcraft players partake in 3.6 million pet battles, 900,000 player-versus-environment instances, 600,000 player-versus-player battles and 2.8 million trades in the game's Auction House.
You can see the full infographic on Battle.net.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Love Marriage Vashikaran Mantra +918437760034
- Powerful get Online intercast love marriage specialist baba ji +91 8437760034
- voodoo tantra mantra specialist baba ji +91-8437760034
- Love Problem Solution Baba vashikaran +91-8437760034
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?