Blizzard provided a plethora of data points about the World of Warcraft series in a massive infographic. The 100 million number includes the creation of trial accounts, and covers players in 244 countries around the world. As of the end of September 2013, Blizzard counted 7.6 million active subscribers to World of Warcraft. More than 500 million characters have lived on those 100 million lifetime accounts, with a faction breakdown of 52 percent Alliance, 47 percent Horde and 1 percent neutral.
Daily activity remains high in Azeroth, according to the infographic. Every day, World of Warcraft players partake in 3.6 million pet battles, 900,000 player-versus-environment instances, 600,000 player-versus-player battles and 2.8 million trades in the game's Auction House.
You can see the full infographic on Battle.net.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites