Blizzard provided a plethora of data points about the World of Warcraft series in a massive infographic. The 100 million number includes the creation of trial accounts, and covers players in 244 countries around the world. As of the end of September 2013, Blizzard counted 7.6 million active subscribers to World of Warcraft. More than 500 million characters have lived on those 100 million lifetime accounts, with a faction breakdown of 52 percent Alliance, 47 percent Horde and 1 percent neutral.
Daily activity remains high in Azeroth, according to the infographic. Every day, World of Warcraft players partake in 3.6 million pet battles, 900,000 player-versus-environment instances, 600,000 player-versus-player battles and 2.8 million trades in the game's Auction House.
You can see the full infographic on Battle.net.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League