Blizzard provided a plethora of data points about the World of Warcraft series in a massive infographic. The 100 million number includes the creation of trial accounts, and covers players in 244 countries around the world. As of the end of September 2013, Blizzard counted 7.6 million active subscribers to World of Warcraft. More than 500 million characters have lived on those 100 million lifetime accounts, with a faction breakdown of 52 percent Alliance, 47 percent Horde and 1 percent neutral.
Daily activity remains high in Azeroth, according to the infographic. Every day, World of Warcraft players partake in 3.6 million pet battles, 900,000 player-versus-environment instances, 600,000 player-versus-player battles and 2.8 million trades in the game's Auction House.
You can see the full infographic on Battle.net.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Getting a PS4
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign