Dennaton Games is targeting the third quarter of this year for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, the hyper-violent action game sequel and the supposed conclusion in the franchise.
Announced in June 2012 for a 2014 release, Hotline Miami 2 promises players an "escalating level of violence" that will play out in the wake of the events of the first game, which first hit Windows PC in October 2012. The sequel will feature a cast of characters with greater depth, its creators say, and include a new "hard mode" difficulty option.
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is bound for Linux, Mac, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Windows PC.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN