The special-edition version of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game will come with a variety of physical and digital goods that appear to be exclusive to the oversized Imperial Edition. These include:
- Collector's edition box and Steelbook packaging
- Molag Bal statue: a collectible 12-inch statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement
- Map of Tamriel: a printed map detailing alliance-controlled zone and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil
- Emperor's Guide to Tamriel: a 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar, Flaccus Terentius
Digital bonuses include the option to play as an Imperial in any alliance, a white Imperial horse, a mudcrab vanity pet and Rings of Mara.
The image only outs the PlayStation 4 version of The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition, so it's unclear if other platforms — Mac, Windows PC and Xbox One — will get their own versions. It's also not clear how much the Imperial Edition will cost. The standard edition will retail for $59.99.
We've reached out to Bethesda for additional details.
Update: Bethesda officially announced the Imperial Edition on Jan. 29. It will be available at retail on all platforms for $99.99 in North America, £89.99 in the U.K. and €99.99 in Europe, and interested parties can now pre-order it.
Bethesda is also selling a digital Imperial Edition on Mac and Windows PC for $79.99 in North America, £69.99 in the U.K. and €79.99 in Europe. It will include a digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online, as well as all the digital content that comes with the physical Imperial Edition.
In addition, Bethesda released a new, eight-minute cinematic trailer for The Elder Scrolls Online today called "The Arrival." You can watch it below.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- What do these major changes to Twitch mean for eSports?
- Honey, Madden shrunk the linebacker in its greatest glitch of all time
- Payday 2's upcoming add-on pack is an homage to Battlefield
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new 'Game of Thrones' series?
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart