The special-edition version of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game will come with a variety of physical and digital goods that appear to be exclusive to the oversized Imperial Edition. These include:
- Collector's edition box and Steelbook packaging
- Molag Bal statue: a collectible 12-inch statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement
- Map of Tamriel: a printed map detailing alliance-controlled zone and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil
- Emperor's Guide to Tamriel: a 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar, Flaccus Terentius
Digital bonuses include the option to play as an Imperial in any alliance, a white Imperial horse, a mudcrab vanity pet and Rings of Mara.
The image only outs the PlayStation 4 version of The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition, so it's unclear if other platforms — Mac, Windows PC and Xbox One — will get their own versions. It's also not clear how much the Imperial Edition will cost. The standard edition will retail for $59.99.
We've reached out to Bethesda for additional details.
Update: Bethesda officially announced the Imperial Edition on Jan. 29. It will be available at retail on all platforms for $99.99 in North America, £89.99 in the U.K. and €99.99 in Europe, and interested parties can now pre-order it.
Bethesda is also selling a digital Imperial Edition on Mac and Windows PC for $79.99 in North America, £69.99 in the U.K. and €79.99 in Europe. It will include a digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online, as well as all the digital content that comes with the physical Imperial Edition.
In addition, Bethesda released a new, eight-minute cinematic trailer for The Elder Scrolls Online today called "The Arrival." You can watch it below.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- A look back on Harvest Moon, the unlikely console farming simulator
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Two more videos show off Ultra Street Fighter 4's characters, opening cinematic
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Easter eggs? Here are two in Garden Warfare — including the Slender Man
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action
- A list of every video game ever made: 43,806 names, and counting
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions