Nintendo's Satoru Iwata announced he will slash his pay in half following a 30 percent slump in profit over the nine-month fiscal period ending Dec. 31, 2013.
Speaking to reporters, the Nintendo president said he will receive a reduced salary for five months in the wake of the third quarter results. Other Nintendo executives will take a pay cut between 20 and 30 percent.
Earlier this month, the company announced its expectations for a third consecutive annual operating loss after previously forecasting its return to profit. The company expects to lose 33.4 billion yen for the final quarter of the year, with a total operating loss of 35 billion yen ($355 million) for 2013.
Nintendo's third quarter financial results were revealed today, showing an operating loss of just over $15 million following dismal sales of the Wii U.
In This StoryStream
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)